This year, we celebrate 50 years of Head Start. It is an historic milestone that presents a perfect opportunity to reflect on how we have evolved. It also encourages us to renew our continued passion and commitment for providing high-quality services to our families.
Throughout 2015, we are reflecting on, and celebrating, five key themes:
- Head Start Is a Community Effort. Community partners are essential for success.
- Families Are Powerful Partners. Parents are lifelong educators, nurturers, and advocates of their children.
- Staff Are the Heart of Head Start. We transformed the teaching of infants, toddlers, and preschoolers into a profession.
- Staff, Children, and Families Are Rooted in Culture. Community diversities are integral and reflected in our Head Start programs.
- 32 Million Reasons to Be Proud. Head Start and Early Head Start have prepared 32 million children for school and life through comprehensive services that develop the whole child.
Explore the resources in this portal to enhance your celebrations of Head Start past, present, and future. We also invite you to continue sharing your success stories on the Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center and with your Head Start families, community partners, and local media.